I'm addicted to making these No-Sew Burlap Garden Flags because they are SO easy to make and they're a quick, affordable way to give our home a cute little finishing touch to greet visitors as they walk up to our porch. Here's our Shamrock No-Sew Burlap Garden Flag that I recently made. It took about 10 minutes total, and the supplies are minimal too.
- Piece of burlap (11 inches wide x 15 inches long)
- Piece of ribbon to embellish
- Paint/foam brush
- Freezer paper
- Hot glue gun
Here's how to make your own:
1) Cut your burlap. My garden flag hanger looks best with an 11x13" flag, so I cut my piece of burlap to 11 x 15 inches so I have room to make a pocket to hang it.
2) Fold 2 inches of your flag back to make a little pocket to hang it from. Use hot glue to glue down the 2 inch pocket flap.
3) Cut your stencil that you want to put on your flag. I used my Silhouette, but if you don't have a cutting machine, you can just print out the image on your computer, trace it onto freezer paper, then cut out the freezer paper. You'll want the outline of the image, not the actual image... like this below.
4) Iron on your freezer paper.
5) Paint your design and allow it to dry.
6) Embellish your flag with ribbon.
Hang it and enjoy! Have a great weekend friends. I'm linking up to Tatertots & Jello.